What is PDPM?
PointRight is Here to Help You Every Step of the Way
Join PointRight’s team of Senior Health Care specialists in a series of education webinars that will help you understand what PDPM is, what it isn’t and how you can prepare your organization to support PDPM implementation. You can sign up for our live webinars below or sign up to get alerts for the full series as the webinar dates are published. You can also view a video of PointRight’s Chief Clinical Officer Steve Littlehale previewing upcoming PDPM changes.
PDPM Education Series: Featured Session
Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM):
This webinar is the fourth in our educational series providing insight and information on the new Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM) that will go into effect October 1, 2019. This session will discuss the impact of Activities of Daily Living (ADL) functional scoring on the Therapy and Nursing components of PDPM. We will review examples of Minimum Data Set (MDS) coding for specific areas of ADL function, and discuss the differences between coding ADLs in MDS Sections G and GG. We will outline strategies for interdisciplinary team collaboration in capturing the full picture of a resident’s usual ADL function, with ideas for best practice.
How to Prepare for PDPM – Steps to Take Today
PDPM Education Sessions:
- Session 1: Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM)- The Basics (Recording & Handouts)
- Session 2: Non-Therapy Ancillaries- Understanding the Facts (Recording & Handouts)
- Session 3: ICD-10 Codes and the Drivers of PDPM (Recording & Handouts)
- Session 4: Understanding the Section GG ADL Function Scores (Recording & Handouts)
- Session 5: Interim Payment Assessment (IPA)- What is it and When do I Need to do One? (Spring 2019 – stay tuned for date and time)
- Session 6: PDPM- Pulling the Pieces Together
- Session 7: PDPM for Compliance Officers
Video Insights: Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM)
In this 12-minute video, Chief Clinical Officer Steven Littlehale explains PDPM and the implications for the industry.
Sign up for PDPM Education Series alerts!
If you’d like to receive an invitation to each of our PDPM educational webinars, sign up for alerts. Let our experts at PointRight keep you in the loop with everything PDPM.